1. Register the commencement of work with the local council building control office.
2. Erect a scaffold to give us access to the loft so that we don’t need to go through your house during structural works.
3. Clear out and remove all the old loft insulation etc.
4. Fit new structural steels, using a crane, if required.
5. Fit new floor joists and sound-proofing
6. Take sizes for your specially-customised staircase and instruct joinery works to start work.
7. Lay the floor. Then you can make adjustments to the internal layout.
8. Erect the interior walls. Now you can decide on the final positions for roof window and dormers.
9. First-fix the electrics and plumbing for heating, lighting and bathrooms.
10. Fit insulation to walls, ceilings and partitions.
11. Fit the staircase. Plaster-board the walls and ceilings
12. Lay dustsheets throughout the house in preparation for the plasterers.
13. Plaster the loft and staircase areas.
14. Second-fix the doors, architraves and skirtings.
15. Second-fix the electrics and plumbing.
16. Meet the building inspector for the final inspection.